The Department of Pharmacology was established on 28th November 2008. The first Lecturer and Head of Department was Dr. Thein May Saw. She served from 24.12.1998 to 11.2.2000. Dr. Win Win May, the second Lecturer and Head, served from 8.8.2000 to 4.10.2002. From 4.10.2002 to 9.9.2010, the post for the Head of Department was vacant. During these time, the Department was supervised by the Rector, Professor Dr. Khin Nyunt Than and the Rector, Professor Dr. Mar Lar Win successively. At present, Dr.Win Htut Aung is joint-head of the Department.
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
1. acquire the knowledge of basic principles of Pharmacology
2. understand thoroughly the pharmacology of drugs with approach to clinical application of drug therapy
3. understand the pharmacologic basic of therapeutic agents so as to explain the nursing diagnosis
4. relate the actions of drugs to their uses and untoward effects
5. describe the acquisition of skill in nursing implications of drugs
6. have an interest in Pharmacology as an essential subject which plays an important integral part in the scientific treatment of diseases
7. have awareness of variability of drug responses and existence of drug interactions which may modify usual pharmacological actions
1. Second year B.N.Sc (Generic) course
Method of Teaching
Assessments, Practical, Test 19hours
At the end of the course, the students should be able to understand thoroughly the basic principles of Pharmacology and Pharmacologic basis of therapeutic agents so as to implement the good nursing care.